Remote Control – RokuTV Remote: The Ultimate Solution to Your Roku TV Remote Problems
Roku TV has become a popular choice among many because of its affordable price and the features it brings along. TCL Smart TVs with Roku OS are also popular choices. However, one of the common problems that users face is losing or misplacing the remote. Without the remote, it can be challenging to operate the TV. But don’t worry, there are several ways to turn on TCL Roku TV without remote.
In this article, we will share with you six ways to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote. But before that, let’s take a quick look at why the TCL Roku TV is a great choice for anyone looking for a smart TV.
Why Choose TCL Roku TV?
TCL is a Chinese multinational electronics company that produces various consumer electronics, including televisions. TCL Roku TV is one of the most popular choices for people looking for a budget-friendly smart TV. It comes with a variety of features that make it an excellent choice for anyone.
One of the significant advantages of the TCL Roku TV is that it is very affordable compared to other smart TVs in the market. It offers great value for money, considering the features it brings along. TCL Roku TV also comes with a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. This feature makes it easy for people who are not tech-savvy to use the TV.
Another great feature of the TCL Roku TV is the remote. The remote is simple and easy to use. It comes with dedicated buttons that allow you to navigate through the interface quickly. The remote also has voice search capabilities, which makes it even more convenient to use.
However, if you lose or misplace the remote, it can be challenging to operate the TV. But don’t worry; we have got you covered. Below are six ways to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote.
You can download our application roku tv remote and access it from you device anytime its Free.
Method 1: Use the Power Button on the TV
All TVs come with a set of physical buttons that allow you to operate the TV without the remote. For TCL Roku TVs, you will find the power button at the bottom of the TV. Simply press the button, and your TCL Roku TV will turn on.
Method 2: Use the Roku TV App
Since the TCL Smart TV comes with Roku OS, you can make use of the free Roku TV app as a remote for your TCL Roku TV. To use the app, follow these steps:
- Download the Roku TV app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Power your TCL Roku TV on by pressing the button at the bottom.
- Make sure that your TCL Roku TV is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network and open the Roku app.
- Tap on the Remote tab at the bottom of the app screen.
- The app will look for TVs that are on the same network. When you find your TCL Roku TV, select it.
- You will now have a few buttons on your smartphone’s screen. You can use these buttons to control your TCL Roku TV.
Method 3: Power on TCL Roku TV via Infrared
TV remotes make use of the infrared sensor to communicate with the TV. Some Android devices come with a built-in infrared sensor. With the right app, you can control your TV right away, from powering it up to using almost all the other functions. One popular app that makes use of the infrared sensor on your phone (if your phone has the sensor) is the Mi Remote app. The app supports a ton of devices from a variety of brands and is free to download from the Google Play Store.
Method 4: Use Alexa Commands to Turn on TCL Roku TV
If you cannot find the remote for your TCL Roku TV, there is another way that you can follow to control your TV. This can be done by using Amazon Alexa, Amazon’s voice assistant. This can be achieved by making use of the Roku Skill for Alexa. However, this skill will work in the following countries:
- Latin America (does not include Brazil)
- United Kingdom
- United States
To be able to use this method you need the following things:
- TCL Roku TV
- Roku Account (obviously)
- Alexa enabled smart speaker or device
- Alexa Mobile app
Now, you need to follow these steps that have been mentioned below in order to get this functionality working:
- First off, download the Alexa app on your Android or iOS device.
- Now, launch the app and tap on the three horizontal line menus at the top.
- Tap on the Skills and Games option.
- You will see a search bar here. Type Roku in it.
- Make sure to tap on Launch. This will enable the Roku Skill for your Alexa.
- You will now be asked to sign in with a Roku account.
- Ensure that you sign in with the same Roku account that has been used with your TCL Roku TV.
- A list of all your Roku devices will be displayed. Simply select the Roku devices that you want to use with Alexa.
- Your Alexa app will now begin to search for Roku devices that are nearby. For best results, it is advisable to have the TCL Roku TV switched On.
- Tap on your TCL Roku TV from the list of devices displayed on the app.
- Wait for the app to connect to your TV.
- Now you can use Alexa voice commands to control your TCL Roku TV.
Method 5: HDMI-CEC
Another way to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote is by using HDMI-CEC. This is a feature that allows devices connected via HDMI to communicate with each other. With HDMI-CEC, you can use your TV remote to control other HDMI-CEC compatible devices, such as a Blu-ray player, without the need for additional remotes.
To turn on your TCL Roku TV using HDMI-CEC, follow these steps:
- Connect your TCL Roku TV to a device that supports HDMI-CEC using an HDMI cable.
- Turn on both the TCL Roku TV and the HDMI-CEC compatible device.
- Press any button on the remote of the HDMI-CEC compatible device.
This should turn on your TCL Roku TV without the need for a remote.
Method 6: Use a Universal Remote If you prefer a physical remote, you can use a universal remote to control your TCL Roku TV. A universal remote is a single remote that can control multiple devices, including your TV. To use a universal remote with your TCL Roku TV, follow these steps:
- Purchase a universal remote that is compatible with your TCL Roku TV.
- Follow the instructions that come with the remote to program it to work with your TV.
Once your universal remote is set up, you can use it to turn on and control your TCL Roku TV.
As you can see, there are many ways to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote. You can use the physical power button on the TV itself, the Roku mobile app, an infrared app, Alexa voice commands, HDMI-CEC, or a universal remote. So, even if you have lost or misplaced your remote, you can still use your TCL Roku TV without any hassle.
However you can use our application Roku Tv Remote from play store to access remote from your mobile device easily